Tuesday, August 7, 2007

How it all began...

I married the love of my life, Angela Jeannie Perrington (Cowart), on June 1st, 2007, and this decision has proven to be the best I have ever made. Since I came across Elder Dave Crest's family blog, I realized how good of an idea this was, not only to share my life with those I care about, but it will also serve as a great resource in which Angela and I can store lifetime memories.

Angela and I met many years ago, when we were only 14 years old. We went to the same middle school and we were both in band. Angela plays the flute and I, at the time, played the euphonium. We never really noticed one another, until one day after a concert/rehearsal. We were all clearing the stage and I began to play Fur Elise on the piano (not very well mind you) when Angela and her friends heard me playing. She proceeded to approach the piano, "kindly" tell me that I was playing it incorrectly, and then began to play an seemingly flawless version of the song. To say that I disliked her at this point would be an understatement. After that school year was over, I moved to Tennessee and didn't see her again until I returned to Utah and went to Cottonwood High School, where I once again met Angela in band. I recognized her right away, but it wasn't until I reminded her of what had happened so many years before that she remembered me. We have been great friends since high school and began dating. Our relationship was great and has been ever since.

No comments: